What is Gulkand?
Gulkand (Gulkand in English also written Gulqand or Gulkhand; Persian: گلقند) is a sweet preserve of rose petals that comes from Indo-Persia. The name is a Persian and Arabic word that breaks down to gul (rose) and kand (sugar or sweet).
Rose Gulkand – Damascus Rose
Rosa × Damascena flowers, better known as Damascus rose, are used to make it. Although there are suggestions for some other varieties of roses, the Damascus rose is the most widely used variety.
Traditionally, it is prepared with Damask roses. Other common types of roses used include China rose, French rose, and Cabbage rose. Special pink rose petals are mixed with sugar.
How To Make Gulkand?
Making Gulkand at home is very easy. This Instructable delivers step-by-step instructions on “How to make Gulkand at home.”
[Step -1]: Rosa × Damascena flowers, better known as Damask rose, are used to make Gulkand. Although there are also suggestions for some other rose varieties, Damask rose is the most famous variety.
[Step -2]: Collect the fresh Rose petals
[Step -3]: Weigh the Rose petals and weigh an equal amount of sugar
[Step -4]: Wash the rose petals in clean running, consecutively water
[Step -5]: Take a clean, dry glass bottle with a lid. You can either use a fresh white cloth also instead of the lid
[Step -6]: Add the Rose petals and sugar in coatings in the bottle
[Step -7]: Cover the bottle with the lid or cover with a clean white cloth and save it in sunlight. You can add more coatings of Rose petals and sugar to the total capacity of the bottle.
[Step -8]: Rose Gulkand or Rose petal jam is ready in about ten days. You can keep the Gulkand in the fridge for about six months.
Gulkand Uses In Holistic Medicine
Gulkand is used in the Unani system of medicine as a cooling tonic.
Benefits Of Eating Gulkand:
Gulkand is an extraordinary home remedy for the treatment of acidity, used as a tonic to relieve lethargy, muscle ache, itching, fatigue, and overexposure to heat. Moreover, it is considered to be very efficient in purifying blood and improving eyesight and memory.
Gulkand During Pregnancy
1. It acts as a Natural Cleanser
Gulkand has antibacterial and antiviral agent properties that can eliminate toxins from the body and purify the blood, which is very important during pregnancy.
Also, toxin-free blood can make your skin glow and be acne-free. It can increase the number of intestinal bacteria and help clear acne marks.
2. It helps with constipation
Pregnant mothers face new body problems every day, and the most common problem is constipation, which can also lead to haemorrhoids or haemorrhoids. Additionally, the sugar contained in it promotes the passage of fluid into the intestines, which helps to fight constipation.
Basically, It reduces swelling of haemorrhoids by providing a mild laxative effect by relieving pressure on the lower colon. And also, it facilitates the passage of stools and is very effective in hemorrhagic bleeding.
3. Best Natural Stress Relief
Pregnant women can experience intense anxiety, and they eliminate stress by calming the nervous system and helping pregnant women sleep soundly.
1. Gulkand has cooling properties; therefore, it helps alleviate all heat-related problems such as fatigue, lethargy, itching, aches, and pains. And also, it helps reduce the burning sensation on the soles of the feet and palms.
2. Gulkand is a powerful antioxidant and an excellent anti-ageing agent.
3. Consuming 1-2 teaspoons of it helps reduce acidity and heat in the stomach. It also helps with ulcers and prevents swelling.
4. It helps heal mouth ulcers, strengthens teeth and gums.
It treats dysmenorrhea and relieves menstrual pain effectively. And also it is helpful in treating the problems of excessive whitening discharge.
5. A perfect digestive tonic helps improve appetite, improves digestion, and corrects digestive problems.
6. Gulkand helps to remove toxins from the body and purifies the blood. Thus, it helps give a clear complexion and prevents various skin problems like acne, boils, whiteheads, etc.
7. Helps to reduce excessive perspiration and foul body odour.
8. Having two teaspoons of gulkand before venturing outdoors can help prevent sunstroke and control nostril bleeding.
9. It is suitable for all those individuals who have a water retention problem, as it helps in increasing your urine output.
10. It has a calming effect on the nervous system, thus helps in reducing stress.
Note: Since it contains sugar, those with diabetes should consult their doctor before consuming it. In addition, obese people may consume this in reduced quantity.
[benefits of gulkand]
[how to make gulkand]
[gulkand in English]
[gulkand during pregnancy]
[benefits of eating gulkand]
[what is gulkand]